Wednesday, July 9, 2008

75 things about me? that's a lot.

in honor of my 75th post on here, i've decided to share 75 things you may or may not know about me. some you might find disturbing (mom, dad, i'm talking to you) and most you probably already know. but this seemed hard, and i like a challenge. therefore, you have to suffer through it.

- i am good at finding lost things.
- i read a lot, and i don't mind re-reading books - sometimes many, many times.
- i like the color green (wow, this is boring already).
- i didn't have a first "real" kiss until i was probably... 16 or maybe 17? i'm a late bloomer, i suppose.
- i chewed my toenails when i was a little kid. ew.
- now i just bite my fingernails.
- i enjoy going to the dentist.
- i gave myself haircuts all through grad school, to save money. when i screwed up, i'd lie and tell people i went to the haircuttery.
- when i was in college, i could do ice skating tricks. now i'm too chicken.
- i fantasize about living in the country.

- i still look for signs of smurfs (or any kind of elf-y creatures) when i see big mushrooms, or little woodsy places. i can't help it.
- i also thought my cabbage patch preemie had feelings. in fact, i still get a guilty twist in my heart when i see her in the basement at my parents' house.
- i haven't balanced a checkbook since 1995. i'm not even sure what that even means anymore.
- the first alcoholic beverage i recall sampling was old, congealed dandelion wine that we found under leslie's kitchen sink then mixed with orange juice.
- i savor the smell of skunks, especially in autumn.
- however, the smell of gasoline (and some black markers) makes me want to gag.
- my family nickname is bucky.
- i can cook/bake just about anything, but i fail regularly at pie crust and rice.
- i misspell these words all the time: gray, weird, deposit.
- however, i was in the spelling bee in middle school and did pretty well at it.

- i am a good driver.
- i have really, really crooked fingers.
- i have artistic talent, but am shamefully lazy about doing anything.
- i love to clean house - and yet my half of the bedroom consistently looks like the nest of a wild animal, instead of a grown woman. (sound familiar, bessie?)
- i am a pretty good cook and confident in the kitchen. (thanks, mom!)
- if i had my way, i'd go to bed at 9:30 every night.
- i prefer to drink pop from tiny glasses, and eat pudding with tiny spoons. ?
- i was a full-time nanny when i first moved to washington, DC.
- i've not been to mexico or canada.
- i cry when i get really mad. or if i am sick and people are nice to me.

- i wish that i could poop on command. that would make my worklife a bit less complicated.
- i hate touching my own belly button. it gives me the heebie-jeebies.
- i was crowned the chopstick champion of my civics class in high school - 2 years running!
- i was voted "most musical" in my senior class of high school.
- i love to eat banana baby food. it's like pudding!
- and peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.
- i like to hide, then jump out and scare people. a lot.
- i often have to fight a very strong urge to trip people as they walk by me.
- i have toes like a monkey.
- i can write backwards almost as well as i write forwards. but only in cursive.

- i once worked in a bakery for one day. then i quit.
- i hold running conversations with myself (silently) almost all day long.
- when i was a kid, i wanted to live in australia.
- i am not very good at most sports - especially those involving sticks and small objects whizzing through the air.
- i am no longer ashamed that i love to watch America's Funniest Home Videos.
- it bugs me when people say "on line" instead of "in line."
- i don't understand how car engines work. at all.
- nor do i understand electricity. it's like voodoo magic to me, and i fear it.
- as a kid, sometimes i'd sit at the end of the driveway and rub dirt all over my face, in hopes that the neighbors would feel sorry for me. instead, i'm sure they just thought i was a wierd little kid.
- i've dated people from teh internets.

- i will eat most things - but i draw the line at internal organs. and eyeballs. and other balls.
- i am scared of spiders. and those freakish camel crickets.
- i've lived in DC for 6 years, which is the longest i've lived in one place since 1994.
- i once gave my phone number to a guy at a bar who must have been at least 70 years old. his name was ben. and i didn't pick up when he called me. and i hid from him in a grocery store once. :( i still feel bad about it.
- my first real boyfriend used to play songs from Cats for me over the phone - on his trombone. he's gay now.
- sometimes i grind my teeth to the beat/tune of song. especially while on a long, stressful car ride.
- i would choose pie over cake any damn day of the week. especially sour cherry.
- sometimes i fantasize about being a figure skater in the olympics.
- i will clean just about anything with bleach. i love the smell of bleachy pillowcases just out of the dryer.
- colgate toothpaste gives me little white sores on the end of my tongue. as do raw almonds and walnuts.

- i worked at a TJ maxx in high school and college. one summer i worked full time there and i would sometimes take a nap behind a huge pile of luggage in the back room.
- i once shared a joint with the TJ maxx security guard during a lunchbreak.
- i was often tempted to shoplift smelly lotions when i worked there, but i was too chicken and paranoid to do it.
- i took ballet lessons as a kid. it's much harder than it looks.
- the thought of having lasik surgery makes me want to throw up.
- i enjoy picking at scabs and popping other people's back zits.
- if left to their own devices, my eyebrows would take over the top half of my face.
- i once wore a pair of cut off jeans for 2 weeks straight without washing them. then my roommate wore them for a while. then i wore them again for an indeterminate period of time. *barf*
- my calves are smaller in circumference than my upper arms. that can't be right.
- i look like an overweight grandma or a chubby lesbian in shorts. therefore, i usually wear skirts instead.

- i have a very good sense of direction, and i don't easily get lost.
- i hate it when people say, "i know, right??!" all the goddamn time. as in statement: "hey, i really like those shoes!" reply: "i know, right??! i got them at target." grrr. i just hate it. especially when paired with "it's like" - "it's like, i know, right??!" double grrr.
- i sold my plasma twice a week for a whole summer in college. i still have the holey scar in my arm.
- i don't like goat cheese. i get mad about that, and try to force myself to like it, but i haven't succeeded yet.
- i used to cry in church when i was a kid. a really embarrassing involuntary response of some kind.

and that's seventy five! which is, coincidentally, the year that i was born. ta da! after reading through these, i realize that i am kind of gross. oh well. too late to change now!

No comments: