Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th?

So the weather has really let me down this spring. I got excited, early, and bought a shit load of seeds and greenhousey trays... and I planted and I tended and I watered and I loved. And I almost moved the seedlings outside. Thanks be to Johhny Appleseed, or who(m?)ever was guiding my hand... because at the last minute I changed my mind and kept the baby plantlings inside the house. Then the bottom dropped out of the thermometer over the next day or so, and they all would have surely perished. And boy, would I have been p-i-s-s-e-d. So now i am stuck with a miniature greenhouse in our sun room. I just checked the weather, and it looks like it'll get warm enough by the middle of next week. NEXT WEEK. arg. I think it's warm enough for shrubbery, though, and i have this really scraggly hibiscus bush in my office... i think i'll throw caution to the blustery April wind, and stick in the ground this weekend. I am tired of seeing it's tired old leaves and pot-bound roots in my office.

on an unrelated note, some fool hit my car last night! i walked over to my car this morning, started to unlock the driver's door... then I noticed that my side-mirror was dangling by its gruesome stalk of an electrical cord. just slumped there, limply, on the side of my car. THEN i noticed the long grey stripe of either: a) schmutz from the culprit's own side mirror, as it scraped down the length of my car, or 2) the color of the body of my car shining through a hideous scratch running the length of my car. either way, it's unattractive. Scott brought up a good point, that maybe my insurance would cover it, but then I remembered that when I changed agents last spring I never had him take pictures of my car. I was scheduled to take the car over there for pictures... then I got that awful stomach virus and was too weak to get out of bed. then i forgot. i guess i will think about it later. it could be worse - the side of my car could've gotten all smashed up. i suppose i should be thankful for that.

speaking things avoided, then forgotten - it's my last chance to do my taxes! I told my co-worker this morning "yeah, i think i will do them tonight while scott is at a movie"... but i knew in my heart that was a huge lie. but even just now, as I typed the words "that was a huge lie" I thought, "no, really! I will! I swear!" but i probably won't. sigh.

mostly because it is sunny right now, and the workday is nearly over (well, okay, 2:00 is not that nearly over...) and i can't wait to go home for the day.

i need to recharge the digital camera and add some pictures.

No comments: